Losing your voter’s card can significantly threaten your democratic rights, especially when the election draws nearer, as it confers you the power to vote in your desired government.
However, with quantum leap technology advancement, the electoral board has activated online systems to make specific processes more accessible, and that involves checking your voter’s card online.
In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of checking your lost voter’s card online and how to retrieve your lost voter’s card. Read on.
What Is A Voters Card?
A voter’s card is a crucial document that contains details about the owner of the card. These details include the full names of the holder, the state of origin, and other necessary information. The voter’s card is a valid means of identification and allows the holder to vote in and out of his desired government.
Why Is A Voters Card Important?
Your voter’s card is a means of identification and a critical document to exercise your democratic rights. Most organizations will inquire about it, while in some legal dealings, you may be required to provide your voter’s card for credibility and validation.
How To Check Your Lost Voters Card Online
The steps below will guide you on how to check the details of your lost voter’s card online;
- Step 1: Get the vital information. Before you commence the online verification procedure, ensure that you have the following information readily available:
- Full name: This should be your legal name and must tally with what you gave when registering for your voter’s card.
- Date of birth: Provide your correct date of birth as recorded in your voter registration details.
- Home address: This is the address where you were registered as a voter.
- Step 2: Visit the official website. Access the official website of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
- Step 3:Go to the voter registration section. Once on the website, there are different sections. Check out the different sections and locate the area related to voter registration or voter card services. A link labeled “Voter Services” or “Check Voter Registration Status” shows that.
- Step 4: Enter your personal facts. On the voter registration page, you will be prompted to enter your personal information. Fill in the required fields with the information you gathered in Step 1. Making mistakes could affect the results of the search. Hence, ensure that you cross-check your details.
- Step 5: Search. After entering your personal details, tap the “Search” or “Submit” button to start the search process. The system will recover the relevant voter registration database to check if your lost voter’s card is still correct.
- Step 6: Review the search result. Once the search is complete, you will be presented with the search results on the screen. The results will indicate your current voter registration position and provide information regarding your lost voter’s card. If your voter’s card is still valid, you may find details such as the card number and validity period on the same page.
How To Retrieve Your Lost Voters Card Online
To recover your lost voter’s card online, you must follow the guidelines below carefully;
- Proceed to the INEC voters’ registration portal
- Once you get there, click “Sign in” or “Register” on the menu.
- On your screen, you will see a section for “Lost or Damaged PVC” Go on to request a new card.
- You will be diverted to a voter’s record search page. This page helps you to get back your lost PVC.
- On the record page, proceed to enter your full name, state of origin, and other required details and search for your card.
- Shortly after searching with your correct details, details of your voter’s card will be shown off on the screen.
- Moreover, you must also click the “Review Now” component to review your details.
- And then upload two passport photographs of you.
Upon a successful card application, you will be allocated to an INEC center to get your new voter’s card.
Facts About Retrieving A Lost Or Damaged Voter’s Card
If you wish to recover a lost voter’s card, the following facts should be imprinted on your heart;
- Be prepared to meet the electoral board in person or physically.
- Your replacement application should be at least 30 days before the election day.
- You will be required to state the circumstances surrounding the loss or damage of the voter’s card. Be willing to give out the required information.
By carefully following the step-by-step procedure explained in this article, we believe you can conveniently check your lost voter’s card online within a few minutes.
Feel free to ask questions in the comments section. We shall respond swiftly!