If you want to learn how to borrow airtime from Airtel, then you are on the right blog.
Borrowing airtime from Airtel is simple if you follow the instructions embedded in this article. In this article, we will not only teach you the step-by-step process of borrowing extra credit from Airtime but also the eligibility requirements and how to repay your borrowed airtime.
We will then conclude by answering some of the frequently asked questions about this topic. Stay tuned and read on!
Overview Of Airtel Extra Credit
The Airtel Extra Credit is a service offered by Airtel to enable its users to top up these Airtel lines without hassle and with the hope of repayment in the next recharge.
The truth is that at a point, we desperately need airtime, but for some reasons (which may include a bad network to recharge from the bank, no cash at hand to buy, or nowhere to purchase airtime around your area), we can not access airtime. Hence, the need to borrow extra credit or airtime from Airtel.
The Airtel Extra Credit is specifically for Airtel subscribers. However, a 15% charge is placed on each borrowed airtime except for the N25 loan.
Requirements For Borrowing Airtime From Airtel
To be eligible for Airtel Extra Credit, you need to ensure that the following requirements are in place;
- A registered and active Airtel SIM card is linked to your NIN.
- Your SIM card must be active for at least three months.
- Your recharge frequency is also important. This entails how much airtime you recharge in a month. You must at least recharge N250 in a month.
- You must not have pending loans
- Know your credit limit and the Airtel Extra Credit loan.
How To Borrow Airtime From Airtel
Instead of getting stranded due to lack of airtime, follow the steps below to access the Airtime Extra Credit;
- Dial the USSD code. The code is *500*Amount# and send. For example, if you want to borrow 100 extra credit, dial *500*100#.
- After dialing the code, a message showing that your request is being processed will be sent, which means that you are qualified and will be credited shortly. However, they may reject your application and insist you recharge to qualify.
- Upon approval, you will be credited either N85 or N100 with an interest of 15%. This means you must repay N115 or N100 for N85 in your next recharge.
How To Repay Your Airtel Extra Credit.
Repaying your Airtel Extra Credit or data is simple. All you have to do is to recharge your Airtel line, and it will be deducted automatically by Airtel. Let’s say that you owe Airtel Extra Credit of N115, and you recharged N200. Your account balance will be N85.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to borrow airtime?
To borrow airtime depends on the telecommunication network you are using. For Airtel Extra Time, you have to dial *500*Amount# while that of MTN is *606# while you follow the prompt.
How can I borrow airtime from Airtel without paying back?
To borrow airtime from Airtel without paying it back is simple.
- Just dial *500*Amount#.
- Exhaust the airtime
- Change the date on your phone to your preferred date.
- Remove the SIM from your phone
- Pour petrol on your SIM Card
- Light it and allow it to burn to ashes.
- You are good to go!
This is quite crazy and funny, right? Yes! This means that it is better to repay your Airtel Extra Credit than to cheat.
How can I borrow credit from Airtel?
To borrow credit from Airtel, simply dial *500*Amount#
How can I borrow credit and data from Airtel?
To borrow credit from Airtel, dial *500*Amount# and send. At the same time, you dial *500# and follow the prompt to borrow data.
Which pin can I use to borrow data from Airtel?
To borrow data from Airtel, you must use this pin *500# and then follow the prompt.
To borrow Airtel Extra Credit, you have to simply dial *500*Amount# or *500# and then follow the prompt. The latter can also be used to borrow data.
We believe that this article was helpful. Feel free to share your thoughts.